Since I had made foccacia, I decided to try out this foccacia pizza recipe. It was delicious! I tried to modify the recipe a little to make it more like a pizza I had at Mandola’s once, with disks of fresh mozzarella cheese. It didn’t end up tasting like their pizza (it’s been several months since I had it, so I don’t remember exactly what was on it), but it tasted delicious! And the fact that it was easy and quick to make was a huge plus. I’d definitely make this again.
Rosemary Foccacia Pizza
- I used a pre-made pizza sauce to make this recipe easier.
- The recipe isn’t clear about exactly how you cut the bread in half, but I cut the thickness of the bread in half to make a slightly thinner, more manageable pizza. I put the pizza sauce on the cut side.
- Disks of fresh mozzarella cheese work great on this! And it’s OK if you don’t cover the entire pizza with cheese.
- I added orange bell peppers and fresh sliced mushrooms for toppings, keeping things simple so I’d taste the cheese better.
- I left the pizza in the oven for a little over 10 minutes, until the cheese looked like it was beginning to lose its shape and melt a little.