We had a girls’ night to watch The Office a couple weeks ago and, not having much time to look up recipes beforehand, I suggested we do breakfast for dinner. A friend contributed a Kerbey Lane gingerbread pancake mix, which turned out to be every bit as delicious as the real thing from Kerbey Lane Cafe. I love their pancakes, and I’ve been wanting to try one of their mixes ever since I started seeing them in the grocery stores around Austin.
Thanks to Winnie, Chelsea, Annie, Jennie, and Andrea for helping out with dinner! It’s amazing how quickly meals can come together when you have six people working on them at once!
From the Kerbey Lane Gingerbread Pancake Mix
Ingredients: pancake mix, eggs, milk, oil
- Follow the recipe exactly. They’ll turn out great.
- We topped ours with any combination of strawberries, bananas, syrup, and whipped cream.
- These pancakes are also delicious plain (if you like ungarnished pancakes) or topped with a little butter.
Scrambled Eggs with Avocado and Salsa
Ingredients: eggs, milk, salt, avocado, salsa
- Beat eggs in a bowl, adding a little bit of milk and lightly salting the mixture. The milk makes the scrambled eggs more fluffy.
- Cook eggs in a pan over medium heat until no longer runny, stirring occasionally once the eggs begin to firm.
- Peel, chop, and lightly salt avocado while pancakes are cooking.
- Top eggs with chopped avocado and salsa.