Do you ever find inspiration for an entire meal because you want an excuse to buy one food? I saw some delicious-looking rolls at the store the other day and found myself dreaming up a dinner idea (vaguely based on a turkey-caesar-dijon wrap idea I read online a long time ago) to make them worth purchasing. Corwin and a visiting friend and I all loved it, and it was so easy!
Caesar Chicken Melt
Ingredients: Sliced sandwich rolls/buns, havarti cheese slices, caesar dressing, stone ground mustard, chicken, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, olive oil
- Dice the chicken and cook it in olive oil with basil, oregano, and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Spread stone ground mustard on one side of a sandwich roll, and caesar dressing on the other. I’d recommend using the mustard sparingly as it’s pretty strong, and using the caesar dressing more liberally.
- Layer a couple havarti cheese slices on the side of the roll with the mustard, then layer the cooked chicken on the havarti.
- Broil the sandwich open-faced in the oven on a cookie sheet for a couple minutes, watching to ensure the bread toasts but does not burn.
- Close the sandwich and eat!