If you’ve driven between major cities in Texas, it’s likely you’ve passed a Buc-ee’s rest stop (or at least one of their billboards). On the way back from Houston last weekend, I picked up some sausage and cheese from the Buc-ee’s in Bastrop with the inspiration to make quesadillas. We loved the finish product.
Smoked Chicken Fajita Sausage Quesadillas
- Refridgerated premade tortillas
- Buc-ee’s chicken fajita seasoned smoked sausage, diced
- Buc-ee’s hickory smoked Monterrey Jack cheese, sliced or shredded
- Baby brown pearl mushrooms, sliced
- Cook tortillas in a skillet according to package instructions.
- Brown the sausage in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the sausage from the pan and add the mushrooms, sautéing them until they’re lightly browned.
- Assemble each quesadilla, layering cheese, sausage, and mushrooms between two tortillas.
- Cook assembled quesadilla in a skillet until the cheese begins to melt, then flip and lightly brown the other side.
- Cut quesadillas in quarters and serve with guacamole and beans.