My indecision at the grocery store the other evening resulted in an interesting combination of flavors that were incredibly delicious for dinner. I have the marketing team for Brianna’s dressings to thank for inspiration, as I was about halfway through concocting a meal idea when I saw a label on the honey mustard dressing bottle that said it’s great with fresh avocados. My mind immediately jumped from there to think it would also go well with beef and spicy flavors, thus replacing half of my original plan and resulting in this delicious creation. :)
Chipotle Steak Sandwiches with Avocado and Honey Mustard
- 2 lb Beef, diced (I used lean stew meat since it was already cut)
- Olive oil
- Chipotle chili powder
- Ancho chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Coarsely ground salt and pepper
- 1 Large loaf fresh lightweight bread (I used the HEB brown bag French bread)
- 2 Containers fresh mozzarella ciliegine
- 1 large fresh tomato, sliced
- 2-3 Fresh avocados, sliced
- Brianna’s Home Style Dijon Honey Mustard Dressing
- Sauté the steak pieces in olive oil seasoned with coarsely ground pepper and salt, chipotle chili powder, ancho chili powder, and smoked paprika.
- Cut the bread for an open face sandwich. If you use the HEB brown bag fresh French bread loaf like I did, I recommend cutting it in quarters then slicing each quarter open, leaving one side attached (like a hot dog bun).
- Slice the fresh mozzarella balls in half and layer on one of the opened bread quarters. Toast in a toaster oven or in the oven on the Broil setting until the cheese starts to melt and the bread edges start to brown.
- Layer the beef, sliced tomato, and avocado on the open-face sandwich and serve with honey mustard dressing drizzled over the top.
Makes 4 large sandwiches.