Austin Annual Events and Festivals
Just about every weekend in Austin has something fun happening. Check out my annual events list for ideas.
Visiting Austin or want to branch out and try some new places in your city? Check out these city guides.
My Favorite Things to See and Do in Austin
The food in Austin is awesome, but you can’t eat 24/7. Looking for things to do in Austin or not quite sure what to show friends and family who visit?
- Master Pancake Shows, Quote-Alongs, and Sing-Alongs at the Alamo Drafthouse Downtown—The Alamo hosts lots of unique moviegoing events in a beautiful retro theater on 6th St. I’d recommend the Master Pancake shows in particular.
- South Congress (particularly on First Thursday)—A collection of unique local shops, restaurants, and food trucks that’s fun to explore.
- AMOA Laguna Gloria and Mayfield Park—The Laguna Gloria location of the AMOA is a beautiful villa on beautiful grounds that overlook Town Lake, and Mayfield Park nextdoor has beautiful gardens and tons of peacocks that climb in the trees and wander the grounds.
- Mount Bonnell—Hike up a long flight of steps to get a great view of Town Lake.
- Driving along 360—Seeing that even a highway in Austin could be beautiful made me realize how much I loved Austin.
- Canoeing or kayaking on Town Lake (a.k.a Lady Bird Johnson Lake), or walking the trails around the lake
- Watching live music downtown—On any given night, you can find some live music somewhere downtown.
- Peter Pan Mini Golf—A fun retro mini golf course
- Hill Country Wineries and Parks—Near Austin, the hill country has lots of great wineries and several great parks for hiking and camping (Pedernales Falls State Park is beautiful!).
- Bats Under Congress Ave Bridge—And of course, no Austin list is complete without mentioning watching the bats fly out from under the Congress Ave bridge at dusk.