DC Annual Events and Festivals
Just about every weekend in Austin has something fun happening. Check out my annual events list for ideas.
My Favorite Areas to Eat in DC
Cleveland Park/Woodley Park
My Favorite Things to See and Do in DC
- Exploring pretty neighborhoods with unique architecture (I especially love row houses!) and cute shops—Georgetown, Old Town Alexandria, Old Town Annapolis, Dupont Circle, Cleveland Park/Woodley Park
National Cathedral—Who would have guessed you’d see a cathedral like this in the US? I know, it’s way newer than all of the ones in Europe, but it’s gorgeous and gigantic and on the same continent :)
- National Zoo—Awesome zoo that’s free because it’s part of the Smithsonians
- Exploring the MANY museums in DC, both free and paid—My favorites are the Smithsonians, the Newseum, the International Spy Museum, and the Phillips Collection
- Visiting the Capitol
- Exploring the National Mall and monuments
- White House—The closest view is from the backside
- Rock Creek Park—Tons of great hiking trails in the middle of DC
- Smithsonian Air & Space Museum near Dulles Airport—It’s a bit of a drive and you have to pay for parking, but it’s a free museum with TONs of awesome airplanes and even one of the space shuttles! I strongly recommend taking the free guided tour.