My boyfriend and I made this recipe up in an attempt to avoid a trip to the grocery store. We both loved it, so I’ll definitely be making it again sometime. Also, if you feel like having wine with your pizza, we found that merlot went very well with it.
C&L BBQ Chicken Pizza
Ingredients: refridgerated pizza dough, 3-4 chicken breasts, shredded Colby jack cheese (small block ~8 oz), chopped red and green bell peppers, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, basil, pizza sauce (try 1 packet of Boboli pizza sauce), BBQ sauce (I used Rudy’s)
- Preheat the oven to the temperature listed in the pizza dough’s cooking instructions.
- Dice the chicken and cook it in olive oil with garlic powder, onion powder, celery salt, and basil.
- Spread the pizza dough on a cookie sheet lined with a non-stick aluminum foil (like Reynolds Release Wrap).
- Spread pizza sauce, then BBQ sauce over the dough until you can’t see the dough through it (leave ~1” of dough clean on the edges).
- Spread the chicken and bell peppers over the sauce, then lightly season with garlic powder and onion powder.
- Spread shredded cheese over the toppings.
- Bake according to the pizza dough’s instructions (for Pillsbury thick-crust pizza dough, 15 minutes was perfect).